RAIN OUTS / SCHEDULE CHANGE / CANCELLATION
- If a game is rained out, then Team Reps should contact the Statistician [email protected] within 24 hours. The Statistician will reschedule any rain out games at the next closest available date. There may be no notification of a rescheduled game other than updating the involved teams’ website at least 3 days (72 hours) prior to the selected date. Rescheduling games with less than 72 hours’ notice will only be done after consulting with both teams involved. Team reps should notify the statistician if any dates are not suitable for rescheduling the game at the time of the rainout.
- Due to the City of Guelph cancellation policies, a minimum 30 days’ notice to the League President (with approval from opposing team) and the Umpire Association is required to cancel a game. The team that cancels a game must arrange with the Statistician to reschedule the game and umpire.
- Any schedule change requests must comply with the 30 days’ notice policy as above. If the schedule change is requested inside the required 30-day window it may not be accommodated.
- Any schedule change request made within 72 hours of the game will incur a $25 fee.
- Teams must show up to the diamonds unless notified of a rain out or cancellation. Failure to do so may result in a forfeit. Check the City of Guelph website for daily updates at http://guelph.ca/seasonal/sports-field-status/
The League will try, when possible, to contact team reps but does not guarantee that contact can/will be made. It is the responsibility of the team reps to relay this information to their players and ensure that they arrive for all games scheduled.
HOME TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TURNING OUT THE LIGHTS!